The St. Patrick’s Festival Bray organisers have confirmed there will be no street parade in the town this year.
It is incredibly disappointing that our five-day festival, which showcases the very best of Irish culture and craic, won’t be going ahead again this March. Still, we’re looking forward to celebrating our national day virtually.
The Bray community and our diaspora will have the opportunity to experience and connect with the very best of all things Irish this year.
Here are six ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, even without a Bray Parade. They include:
- Throughout St. Patrick’s week, iconic Bray buildings will go green to mark our National Day.
- Join in on the celebrations by ‘Going Green at Home’, wear green, or even get creative by adding a festive St. Patrick’s Day touch to your home… Show off your colourful creations online using the hashtag #PaddysBray.
- Share your #PaddysBray video greetings, photos or kids artwork using the hashtag #PaddysBray or send them via WhatsApp +353 85 851 2455 and we’ll share them throughout our social network. Appropriate text and videos sent may feature on our social media feeds. Terms apply.
- You can learn how to Irish dance with our virtual Céilí which will premiere on March 17th at 12 noon via bray.ie’s Facebook Page.
- Read some historical St. Patrick’s Day Bray facts curated by Brian White from Bray Cualann Historical Society and learn ten things you didn’t know about St Patrick’s Day.
- Listen to the best homegrown Irish music playlist compiled by bray.ie. If you are a local artist or band and want to feature on our Spotify playlist, please send your Spotify link to firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp +353 85 851 2455 for consideration.
Check out the dedicated festival page here.
Hosting a virtual community event in honour of our National Day?
If you are hosting a virtual community event. Please let us know by completing the online submission form here. Terms apply.
The committee would like to extend their thanks to our partners, sponsors, acts, parade participants and the many volunteers for their understanding, support and patience.
Hold firm and please continue to follow Government guidelines in relation to Level5 COVID-19 restrictions.
We look forward to offering the thousands of visitors to our town a warm Céad Míle Fáilte in 2022.
Bray’s St. Patrick’s Festival is proudly brought to you by Bray & District Chamber of Commerce and Wicklow County Council.
Join the conversation
The event hashtags are #StPatricksFestivalBray and #PaddysBray