Bring the whole family to celebrate our national day in Bray as the St. Patrick’s Festival returns on Friday, March 13th until Wednesday, March 18th, 2020.
Top-class family entertainment is guaranteed with Bird’s Euroshow funfair, live music, an open-air céilí, puppet shows, street theatre, walks, trails, a treasure hunt and of course the main event the Festival Parade. It’s 6 days of great family fun.
President of the Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, Ruth Donnelly said ‘Our festival helps celebrate our Irishness, culture, heritage and history. The festivities start on Friday, March 13th with lots of ceol agus craic. No matter what you’re looking for you’re sure to find fun and entertainment for the whole family here in Bray’.
Like in previous years it’s expected that thousands will line the town’s streets for the St. Patrick’s Day parade on Tuesday, March 17th which will start at the Town Hall from 3 pm, making its way down the Main Street to the viewing stand on Strand Road. The sights and sounds of the marching bands, majorettes, local businesses, groups, clubs and much more will thrill the crowd.
There will be road closures in place on March 17th from 2 pm until after 4 pm to facilitate the Parade. Roads affected include Main Street, Quinsboro Road, Seapoint Road and Strand Road.
This year there are over 20 + events to look forward to:
- Enjoy all the thrills and spills of the Bird’s Euroshow Funfair as it returns to Bray Seafront on Friday, March 13th until Tuesday, March 17th. It opens on Friday, March 13th at 3 pm then daily from 12 noon to 10 pm
- There’s some cracking live music throughout the town’s many venues. Check out the ‘What’s On’ guide on bray.ie for full listings
- The Bray Head Walk is back again this year with Bray Adventures on Saturday, March 14th at 12 noon
- On Saturday, March 14th at the Civic Plaza at 2 pm and then Monday, March 16th at 4 pm watch some spectacular outdoor circus performances including handstands, magic, juggling & escapology routines
- The Bray Cualann Historical Society will conduct a historical talk about Bray on Saturday, March 14th at 3 pm and Monday, March 16th at 3 pm.
- New for 2020 is a Family Treasure Hunt – At your leisure grab the family or a bunch of friends for an adventuresome day out with our new Treasure Hunt Experience where you could win a voucher for Platform Pizza, Bray
- The family fun continues on Sunday, March 15th from 11 am why not let the brilliant Suzie create some cheeky face painting designs, learn how to Irish dance from 11:30 am then afterwards join McCormick Puppeteers as they wow audiences young and old
- The Bray Vintage Car Club will be showcasing some of their members beautiful classic and vintage cars on Sunday, March 15th from 2 pm to 4 pm
- The festival’s main event the Bray Parade will kick off at 3 pm on Tuesday, March 17th from the Town Hall to the viewing stand at the northern part of the Seafront
- Straight after the Parade at 4 pm on Tuesday, March 17th watch the very talented Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dance wow audiences as they showcase their dancing skills to spectators on Bray’s iconic bandstand followed by a concert by The Boomerang Band
- To finish the weekend off why not catch The Boomerang Brass band and Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dance get together to share music and dance to bring an end to yet another fantastic St. Patrick’s Festival in Bray at The Martello Hotel on Wednesday, March 18th from 5 pm to 7 pm
To celebrate the return of the festival we have a Funfair Family Golden Ticket (unlimited funfair access throughout St. Patrick’s Day) to giveaway. Family can consist of two adults with up to three children. Click here to enter. The closing date was Friday, March 6th, 2019 at 6 pm.
The winner announcement will be made in a public social media posting through bray.ie’s Facebook and Twitter profiles via https://twitter.com/bray_ie and https://www.facebook.com/braytown. Bray Chamber will contact the winner directly via the telephone number supplied to arrange prize collection. Terms and conditions apply, which are available to read here.
You can register for free walks, talks, competitions and access the treasure hunt questionnaire by visiting www.bray.ie/st-patricks-day-festival.
More information about the festival can be found here.
Join the conversation – The event hashtag is #StPatricksFestivalBray
Bray’s St. Patrick’s Festival is proudly brought to you by Bray & District Chamber of Commerce and Wicklow County Council.
Parade participating groups
We would like to extend a huge thank you to the many businesses, artists, community groups and clubs that helped to make this year’s parade happen:
- 12th Wicklow Bray Scout Group
- 5th Wicklow Bray Sea Scouts
- Ardmore Rovers Football Club
- Bray Adventures
- Bray Emmets GAA Club
- Bray Fire Station
- Bray Golf Club
- Bray Hockey Club
- Bray Lions Club
- Bray Vintage Car Club
- Classic American Motors Ireland
- Craobh na hÉireann Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce
- Crumlin Marching Band
- East Coast Cyclones Roller Derby
- East Coast FM
- Electrical Engineering – School Zagreb
- Fatbike Adventures
- Funtime Entertainment
- Jai Sua Martial Arts
- Junior Musicals Theatre School
- Kung Fu 4 Kids
- Lakers Sports and Recreational Club
- Lawless Academy of Irish Dancing
- Manavikam Indian Cultural Association
- Masters Temple Martial Arts
- Me and The Moon
- Obrtnička škola Split, Croatia / Vocational School Split, Croatia
- Order of Malta Ireland – Ambulance Corps Bray
- Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dance
- Signal Arts Centre
- Peter’s Football Club
- The Boomerang Band (UK)
- Twilight Twirlers
- Urban X Hip Hop Dance
- Wicklow Academy of Irish Dance