On Saturday, 17th March, the St. Patrick’s Parade will explode onto the streets of Bray, celebrating the many cultures, communities and organisations in Bray.
The success of the Parade is down to the contributions made by the local community, without whom it would not be possible. Over 30,000 people took advantage of stunning spring sunshine in 2017. Read more about the 2017 Parade here
The St Patrick’s Festival Bray committee appeal to you to participate in this year’s parade and in doing so provide a colourful display for the thousands of spectators, who visit Bray for the parade. (For example colourful flags, or banners, hats, etc).
This is an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your organisation and demonstrate what you do. There are several different categories of awards the winners of which will be selected by the judges on the viewing stand.
Click here to access the 2017 Application Form which is to be completed by you by the 17th February 2018.
Should you have any queries, please feel free to contact Kathy O’Toole on (01) 282 8248 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
to access the form.
PARADE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms and conditions will be enforced. All Terms and Conditions will run in conjunction with the Event Management Plan and Health & Safety requirements.
The Bray Chamber of Commerce St. Patricks Festival Committee reserves the following rights:
- To refuse any application if, in the opinion of the Organisers, the entry is not suitable for participation.
- To refuse any applications from any Political Party or organisation.
- To refuse any applications from any Government or Moral protest organisations.
- To refuse any commercial applications that the Festival Committee feels does not satisfy the artistic, cultural or entertainment value required for the Parade.
- No responsibility can be accepted by the Festival Committee for any loss or damage caused to exhibits or their personnel, or to members of the general public, Parade marshals, or the occupants of the viewing stands, arising from any cause whatsoever connected with the Parade.
- Participation in the Parade is entirely at the discretion of the Festival Committee. Photographs and description of purposed participant’s entry may be requested.
- To postpone, abandon or alter the route of the Parade if, in the opinion of the Organisers, such action is advisable in the common interest and no action will lie against the Organisers in respect of any loss incurred by any entrant on foot of such decision.
- All commercial filming of the Parade and exterior Festival events require a licence from Bray Chamber of Commerce. Application forms are available from the Bray Chamber.
- To retain all legal and image rights of participants and title to use, throughout the world of any photograph, video or film in connection with the Parade for use on TV, pay TV, theatrical or non-theatrical release, or any other type of exhibition or exploitation including future Festival promotional material.
All participants in the Parade must be prepared to observe the following rules:
- That all application forms must be completed by over 18s and have insurance details, returned to Bray Chamber of Commerce by the dates in application forms and or any other dates communicated.
- The Parade is not to be used in any way as a vehicle for a means of protest. Any entry incorporating a protest will not be eligible, and the Organisers will be the final arbiters in deciding the matter. If, on the day of the Parade, any entry should take the form of a protest group without prior permission, the Organisers reserve the right to have that entry forcibly removed from the Parade and will accept no responsibility for consequent loss, damage or injury incurred by the entrant(s).
- It is the responsibility of each entry to nominate a representative who will attend the PARTICIPANTS MEETING at the Bray Chamber of Commerce and liaise with the Parade Production Team to ensure the smooth continuous flow of the Parade. Each group leader must act on the advice given by the Parade Production Team and communicate to their entire group.
- That all entries and music are in good taste and otherwise arranged so as not to cause harm or give offence to spectators or other participants in the Parade.
- Distributing flyers and promotional material along the parade route is not allowed.
- All entries must make themselves available to attend the prize-giving ceremony in the Town Hall if they are winners of any of the categories. All parade participants must follow instructions from the Parade officials who will be clearly identified,
- The decisions of the Festival Committee are final and without appeal.
Keep up to date with the latest festival news by following us on Twitter @Bray_ie
or like us on Facebook