The St. Patrick’s Day #BrayParade took place this afternoon (March 17th 2017 at 3pm). Thousands of people lined the route which started at the Town Hall, moving down the Main Street and on to the Seafront. Spirits were high as the town celebrated our nation day in style.
We are delighted with the amount of local community groups participating this year.
Our independent adjudicating panel really enjoyed the parade but found it very hard selecting the overall winners as this years standards were very high.
A huge congratulations to the winning participants:
- Best Overall went to Urban X
- Best Marching/Uniform went to the Boomerang Marching Band
- Best Community went to the Indonesian Community
- Best Art & Entertainment went to the Berry Irish Dance Academy
- Best Sports went to Ardmore Rovers
- Best Open went to Kilmacanogue CFR
Bray’s St. Patrick’s Festival is proudly brought to you by Bray & District Chamber of Commerce and Wicklow County Council.
The festival continues until Sunday (March 19th). Event highlights include:
- Throughout the weekend there’s over 20 live music performances in the many local bars – Bray for a better night out
- A free guided walk up and around the beautiful Bray Head this Saturday & Sunday (March 18th & 19th)
- A festival funfair open daily from 12 noon on Bray Seafront until Sunday (March 19th)
- Free entertainment for the whole family on Saturday (March 18th) at Bray’s Town Centre – featuring Irish Dancing, Face Painting, Street Performance, Friendly Snakes and a Bray Emmets Shoot-Out.