- 256 car parking spaces at lower ground floor level with 320 cycle spaces
- Anchor Store 1 (on upper ground and first floor)
- Anchor Store 2 (upper ground floor)
- 8 retail units at upper ground floor level and at first floor level
- 3 restaurant units at upper ground floor level
- 3 business units at first floor level
- 5 screen cinema at upper ground, first and second floor levels
Speaking about the news Mick Glynn, Chamber President said 'It's great news and a massive spark to the retail environment. It's been missing that key for 20 years. Going forward there seems to be a certain level of interest from tenants. With the planning permission, they're in a position where it can really go to market.' He said that the cinema and restaurants will ad to the night-time economy and the stores are a great chance to get a good retail mix. 'The council has got to really concentrate on what to do for parking during construction. That really needs to be addressed. It's all about forward planning.' He said that the Herbert Road parking site could be developed to accommodate the 240 spaces currently available on the Florentine site in the centre of the town.
Report appeared in the Bray People Newspaper on January 21st 2017. You read the full article here.