The search is on for the heroes of Bray, as Bray & District Chamber of Commerce launches its annual community Endeavour Awards campaign to identify and reward those individuals and community groups who have made an outstanding contribution to the area.
The Bray Endeavour Awards are presented annually by Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, which works to promote business and support the community. First presented in 1981, the annual Chamber of Commerce Endeavour Awards are designed to recognise and reward the normal, ordinary people who do extra ordinary things.
Nominations from the public are sought for the following 5 Categories:
- Person of the Year – presented to the individual who has contributed most to the town of Bray and its environs
- Civic/Community – presented to the individual or voluntary organisation that has contributed significantly to community and civic life in Bray and District
- Sports Achievement – presented to a team or individual that has achieved something extraordinary through sport
- Lifetime Achievement – presented to an individual who has dedicated their life and time to something for many years and deserves to be recognised
- Young achiever – Presented to someone under 21 years of age who has achieved something remarkable (in sport, academics, or arts)
Closing date for receipt of nominations is Noon Friday 27th October 2017. It’s never been so easy to nominate and get involved, go to www.braychamber.ie and click on news/events. Complete the form and submit! Nominations will also be accepted via email and post, just let us know your contact details and who you want to nominate, with your reasons why you think they should win and send to 10 Prince of Wales Tce, Bray or email@example.com. All nominations received will be considered by the Awards Adjudication Panel, with the Awards themselves presented at a Gala Ceremony to be held at the Royal Hotel on Friday 24th November 2017. Tickets can be purchased for the event by calling Bray Chamber on 012828248 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also download, complete and then post the Nomination Form 2017. Click here to download the form.