Help bring lots of colour to Bray this Christmas time by participating in our Children’s Christmas Art Competition. All primary schools have been invited to undertake this art project. Each student is asked to draw something which represents “My Christmas Story Featuring Bray”. There will be 4 categories with one winner in each. Ages and abilities will be taken into consideration when judging all categories:
Categories are as follows: (1) Pre-school, Junior Infants and Senior infants (2) 1st & 2nd Class (3) 3rd – 4th Class & (4) 5th – 6th Class
All entries are to be submitted no later than Tuesday 1st December at Bray Tourist Office at the Civic Plaza on Bray Main Street. Opening hours are 10am – 4.30pm (closed lunch 1-2pm). If this doesn’t suit you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The competition will be judged by a local well-known artist. Prizes include a €50 voucher for the winning entry in each category with the overall winner receiving €250 towards their schools library/computer fund. Highly commended entries will be exhibited in the Bray Town Hall building where Santa’s Grotto will be this year. Please see below for the rules and regulations.
1. The picture should be no larger than an A4 page.
2. Each student may submit only one entry.
3. The student must design one side of the page using any medium other than paint or charcoal.
4. Artwork must be two-dimensional and represent original work by the student. Computer generated artwork will not be accepted.
5. All entries must have artists name, age, school & class with contact details on back.
6. The theme is “My Christmas Story featuring Bray”.
7. A first place winner will be selected in each of four categories:
(1) Pre-school, Junior Infants & Senior Infants
(2) 1st – 2nd Class
(3) 3rd – 4th Class
(4) 5th – 6th Class
8. Judging will be based on (1) adherence to rules, (2) originality, and (3) content
9. Judges decision is final.
For more information contact email@example.com or call Bray Chamber on 01-2828248